USER EXPERIENCE DESIGN,
content strategy & e-Learning
Content Strategist, UX Designer, Designer, and Researcher
- Co-facilitated a kick-off meeting with stakeholders to set goals, shape content, describe users, and define visual style.
- Researched key concepts for lessons and defined learning objectives.
- Developed a clear and focused message structure for lessons.
- Outlined the UX for working through lessons.
- Sketched concepts for interactive lessons.
- Conceived first drafts of sample lessons.
- Drafted initial layout of key screens.
- Worked with a team of designers to refine screen design.
- Worked with a team of writers to refine lesson content.
This eLearning was designed to introduce 10 basic principles of excellent customer service and allow employees to learn how to apply them through active learning. Tailored questions invite the learner to reflect and consider an ordinary situation from a new perspective, the customer’s point of view. This is the first step in the training process and opens the learners’ understanding. It clarifies the learner’s awareness of what they know, and what they don’t know, about strategies for consistently improving the customer experience. When the learner gets an answer wrong, they receive a small teachable moment. Many teachable moments together increase curiosity and create a framework in the learner's understanding that can be built on with an ongoing program of training.
A Financial Services Corporation